Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday's Spiritual Thoughts - Children and The Priesthood

I have to catch up on my posts again. So here are the Sunday posts for last sunday and today. Last Sunday is for children. We went to a homecoming talk in another ward and then to our ward for the rest of our classes. Dallin chose this day to be very clingy (he has decided that he doesn't like nursery again). I ended up spending most of time with him in nursery. He just cuddles and won't even play with toys because he knows I'll leave. I can honestly say that I don't really mind. He hardly ever cuddles with me at home so it's nice when he does.

Today's post is about the Priesthood of our church. We seemed to talk about it alot today. Sunday school in our family relations class was about fathers. Almost everything said revolved around the Priesthood in some way. Like being able to give father's blessings and baptizing your children and how important these little things become to your children. Then, in RS, we talked about where we would be without the Melchizedek Priesthood here on the earth. It's a scary thought for most of us. I can't imagine where I would be. I know I wouldn't be sealed to my family forever and I'm pretty sure that my family wouldn't be as close as we are. We wouldn't have had the wonderful examples that we were raised with. I'm am very glad to know that I will never have to experience life without the priesthood in my home.

1 comment:

Bren's Life said...

How fun to want tools & to know how to make things with them... You go girl!