Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday's spiritual thoughts - families

Well, lately in our church there seems to be a lot being said about families. My sunday school class is also the marriage and family relations class so I am getting it even more than others. It's nice to hear what the general authorities have to say on this matter. I love hearing what I already know and seeing if there are ways I can do better. This week's lesson was on "Responding to challenges in Marriage" by Lynn G. Robbins. It was surprising to see that the majority of his talk is about anger. I guess we don't realize that at the bottom of every problem and challenge in our relationships is anger.

My dad taught me a really good lesson when I was a teenager that I will never forget. He taught me that "You love the people you do things for". NOT doing things for the people we love. We need to try harder to love everyone. At that point in my life, I was having a hard time with another girl my age and I was hating her at that moment. My dad made me make cookies for her and things got better. I'm sorry to say that I didn't do more. Maybe if I had, we would have become friends. I have tried to keep this in mind when people do things that may hurt or offend me.

I'm not saying that you need to bake something for your spouse every time you have a disagreement. They might catch on and just keep annoying you. :)

This is what I want everyone to do.... I want you to give everyone in your family a hug or kiss and tell them that you love them. People don't say it often enough and everyone loves and needs to hear it. I hope you all take a moment to think about your family and how much they mean to you...

I love you all!

No comments: