Thursday, February 21, 2008

"I Hurt My Feelings"

Ok, I just had to write this because it is too cute! Katie comes up to me today and says, "Mommy, I hurt my feelings" (with a sad look and rubbing her shoulder).

I say, "Katie, that's your shoulder"

"Oh, well, where are my feelings?" she asks.

(Wow, what a question. That's one of those that just comes out of nowhere and you now have to try to think of an answer to that that will not confuse her....)

"Well, your feelings are inside you" (oh yeah, good one. Now she's going to point into her mouth when she says it). Here goes nothing.... "It's like when you feel sad - that's a feeling" (ok, that's a little better. At least she would understand that one!)

"Oh, ok" she says. (Yay! It worked!)

A few minutes later...

"Mommy, my feelings are all better," she says excitedly while rubbing her stomach (I obviously didn't do as good a job as I thought. Oh well. Better luck next time I guess)

No comments: