Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Well, this year's valentine's day wasn't much but I guess that's mainly because we're living with extended family and don't really have a lot of privacy.... The kids and I went to Katie's preschool class and the kids got to make Valentine bags and exchange valentine's with all the other kids. They were pretty happy about this because they got some candy in with it. Here's a picture of the bags they made:

After Darcy got home we exchanged gifts. We got the kids a large sucker with a toy truck for Dallin and Sunglasses for Katie. They loved it. I got Darcy a DVD with the best of Mr. Bean because he loves Mr. Bean and I don't like him so he doesn't get to watch him much anymore and a $20 gift card to EB Games so he can pick a game he really wants. Darcy got me Footloose on DVD and She's the Man (this movie is sooo funny. You just can't stop laughing even though it's in embarassment most of the time...) and Hairspray soundtrack. I was so happy. I really wanted all of these. Yay! Here's some pics of the gifts:


After Dinner, we decided to decorate the cookies we got for Valentine's day. We got a package that came with 4 large heart-shaped cookies, red and white icing, cinnamon hearts, and conversation hearts. Here are a few pics because I just cannot describe the fun of letting your kids decorate their own cookies (sarcasm intended):


You can probably guess that we just tossed them into the tub after this, then they went to bed and Darcy and I watched She's the Man. Whew! That made it seem like a long day...

2 comments:

Tilane said...

Now THAT's a mess! Way to be brave!

Kalina said...

thanks. I almost can't believe I did that...