Monday, July 23, 2012

Orange Chicken

So, I've decided to start trying out some recipes from Pinterest. I figured I would share them with you along with any changes made...

The first recipe is Orange Chicken. Original recipe was pinned from six sisters blog. I changed just a little bit. I used 1/3 of the can of orange juice concentrate instead of using 6oz. I froze the other 2/3 in 1/3 amounts so I can use them next time I make this. I also added about 1/2 cup of water to the sauce so I would have extra sauce for my rice. Next time I will probably only use 1/4 - 1/3 cup of water...

You can see my Pinterest Board of Recipes I've tried here and the Board of Recipes I want to try here.


Slow Cooker Orange Chicken

Ingredients:

• boneless chicken breasts, chopped into small chunks (I used 4)
• 1/3 cup flour
• olive oil
• 1/2 Tbl. salt
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 3 Tbl. ketchup
• 1/3 can frozen orange juice concentrate (thaw or throw it in the microwave for 45 seconds)
• 4 Tbl. brown sugar
• 1/2 cup Water

Directions:

In a bowl, mix the orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, ketchup, and water. Pour the flour in a small bowl. Cover the chicken breast chunks in flour and shake off the excess. (mine turned into a paste on the chicken. There was no excess...)

Pour a small amount of olive oil in a skillet and brown the flour-covered chicken.
The chicken doesn't need to be fully cooked since it's going in the crock pot.

After the chicken is done cooking, pour the pieces into the crock pot. Then cover the chicken with your sauce mixture and give the pot a stir. (I didn't stir it)

Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3.(I did high for 2 hours. It smells delicious. My mouth was watering so much)

Serve over rice and even add veggies if you want a healthier meal.

No comments: