Monday, July 23, 2012

No Bake Peanut Butter Balls

I want to try to do about 1 dessert/snack every week. I was going to do it yesterday to have as snack for FHE but then we went to my in-laws for dinner. So, it's for tonight for FHE snack. I decided to try a No Bake Peanut Butter Balls recipe. I found this on the taste of home website originally.


Ingredients:

1/3 cup chunky peanut butter (I used the No Name superstore brand that has no sugar in it)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Stir in the milk powder, oats and graham cracker crumbs (You're going to have to use your hands to mix it). Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 15 treats. (mine made 14)

This went over pretty good. My sister-in-law says it takes like a peanut butter cookie but better (pretty good for having no sugar, eh?). My kids all loved it. I thought it was surprisingly good (surprising because I'm not a big peanut butter fan).

The other thing they mentioned on the website was that it would be good with chocolate...

No comments: