Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ham and Potato Casserole

Last night's dinner was a recipe that was originally pinned from the six sister's stuff blog.

The amounts were a little weird to figure out and I find that I'm not always someone who measures my ingredients.


Ingredients:

1 (30 oz) package frozen hash brown potatoes, cubed or shredded (I used a 1 kg bag of the cubed stuff)
1 tablespoon dried minced onion (not too sure if it's the same but I just used onion powder)
1 teaspoon salt
1 (8 oz) container sour cream (I almost used 1 cup. I had a small one that I had used a little from. I just dumped what was left in)
1 (10.75 oz) can reduced fat cream of chicken soup (I just used the regular kind)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I had a medium freezer bag of low-fat mozzarella in my freezer. Not sure how much but I dumped it all in)
2 cups cooked chopped ham (ham leftovers are perfect for this recipe!) (I used ham slices that I had in my freezer. I stuck it in my tupperware chopper. Used about 9-12 slices)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (6 oz) package, herb-seasoned stuffing mix (used a box of it. 120g)

Directions:

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Combine hash browns, dried onion, salt, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, cheese, and ham and place in slow cooker. Sprinkle stuffing mix over top, then drizzle melted butter over stuffing. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 2-4 hours. (mine cooked for about 2.5 hours on high)

Not sure I would do this one again. That is a lot of carbohydrates in one meal. It made a lot. We only used half of it and we all ate quite a bit. Fills the entire slow cooker full.

No comments: