Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday's Spiritual Thoughts - nice weather, my hubby and a calling

Ok, I haven't updated my blog since May 1 so I have a few weeks to catch up on.... so here goes:

The first thing I'll write about is nice weather. We have had some really hot days lately. It was up to 32 degrees yesterday. Luckily, to counter it, we've also had a good amount of rain. It rained on and off today which kept it cool enough and my flowers are just blooming. It has been great. The only thing is that I have to make sure I wear sunscreen now which I hate but we all have to make sacrifices :P

The next thing is my hubby. Darcy just turned 27 yesterday and you wouldn't believe what he decided to do for his birthday. He slept in until 9 am and then got up because I made him pancakes and eggs for breakfast. After that he got started. He set up our new lawnmower and mowed our lawn (which is very big), he set up the BBQ, and he got rid of all the old appliances we've had hanging around (we had a washer, dryer and stove in front of our house and another washer and dryer at his parents' house). Yay! they're finally in the dump. He also brought over our elliptical from his parents' house so I can use it again and numerous other things. I can tell you that I was shocked. I thought he'd want to sit at home and play on the Wii all day. He's so handy to have around. What a bonus that I love him too, eh?

And now for the third and finally topic. I got a calling today. Woo hoo. I was asked to come see the Bishop before church this morning and I am now in the enrichment committee in my ward relief society. I am so happy. It's about time. I feel so weird when I don't have a calling. It's crazy. I'm one of those people that go to my Bishop and bug him about it. It doesn't really help though. I still end up waiting a while. I'm excited to start actually. It should be lots of fun and I've never done this calling before so it's something new for me.

Anyway, that's it for today. I think I'll probably turn this post into a Thursday's blessings post because I'm not always on the computer on Sundays so we'll see how it goes. Maybe it'll switch back and forth and I'll do one or the other. Who knows...

No comments: