Monday, April 14, 2014

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-ups

So, I tried a new recipe the other day, Kaitlyn and I made it together and it was.... DELICIOUS!
I got it from here.


Ingredients

1 loaf (16 ounces) thinly sliced white bread, crusts removed (I'm not sure how much I used because I had 2 loaves that were just sitting out waiting to go bad so this was a nice way to use them up)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup confectioners sugar (i used about 1 cup instead because it was really runny)
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter, melted (I ended up needing about 1 cups of this as well)

Directions

Flatten bread with a rolling-pin. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Spread about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Roll up, jelly roll style. Dip in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 roll-ups.

Really, Really Yummy! They didn't last long at our house! Some bread works better than others. Wonderbread worked great but the other loaf I used was Dempsters I think and it didn't want to flatten or roll up at all.

No comments: